The Ngā Purapura Trust was implemented by Sir Tamati and Lady Tilly Reedy in 2007at the AGM of the Aotearoa Māori Tennis Association.
In recognition of the need to support the aspirations of outstanding Maori junior tennis players.
The Trust comes under the jurisdiction of the Aotearoa Māori Tennis Association.
- To advance the aims and objectives of the Aotearoa Māori Tennis Association.
- To produce, promote, and support outstanding Māori Junior Tennis Players.
- To provide financial support, mainly through coaching assisted grants.
- To provide financial support and guidance for Māori tennis players wishing to pursue a US tennis scholarship to further their tennis and education.
- Players must compete in the Annual Aotearoa Māori Tennis Championships.
- Players may be excused from our annual tournament if they have been selected to represent NZ Age Group Teams at the time of our tournament.
- Selection will be carried out by the Nga Purapura Trust members, Sir Tamati and Lady Tilly Reedy, Wiremu and Doris Kaua, Dick Garratt and Geoff Kaye-Ivitu.